The new measures include traffic restrictions and a night curfew.
– The Covid-19 pandemic is having a big impact on mental health: from March to today in Italy there have been 71 suicides and 46 suicide attempts, presumably related to Covid-19, compared to a number of suicides due to the economic crisis that in the same period of 2019 it stood at 44 and that of suicide attempts at 42. This was reported by psychiatrists at the International Conference on issues related to suicide, at the Sapienza in Rome.
– Flavio Briatore says he is in “super shape, ready to leave”, waiting to recover from the coronavirus and leave home isolation in the Milanese residence of his friend Daniela Santanchè, where he has been since Saturday 29 August, after almost a week of hospitalization at the San Raffaele. “Hello friends, followers, I’m not score. Here I am. I’m fine, and I thank you for so many messages of affection I have had in recent days – says the entrepreneur owner of the Billionaire, smiling but with a slightly tired voice, video posted on Instagram – I continue my isolation, we hope it ends as soon as possible. “
– Even Marina Berlusconi, according to what Ansa learns, is positive at Covid-19. After a series of negative swabs, the last one, over the weekend, gave a different result. The news is confirmed by the Group. The president of Fininvest and Mondadori, however, is fine and normally works on the phone.
– Vo ‘Euganeo, the Padua municipality that recorded the first death from Covid-19 on 21 February and which was the first in Veneto to enter the nightmare of the lockdown, has reopened its doors to the children of the nursery school. The same institute that had hosted the Red Cross “sampling laboratory” for the study of swabs involving the entire citizenry, was set up with anti-virus desks and furniture.
– While September 14, the date on which most of the students will return to the desks, is approaching, the first bell for the school is sounded in South Tyrol, which anticipated the return to class to date. The opening of kindergartens is also expected, although some have postponed the start for organizational and structural reasons. “The restart of the school is a sign of rebirth for the country”, said the Minister of Education, Lucia Azzolina.
– India overtakes Brazil and becomes the second country after the United States with the most cases of coronavirus infection in the world, according to data from the American University of Johns Hopkins. The officially registered cases of Covid-19 in India today reached over 4.2 million. Brazil has 4.1 million, while the US has almost 6.3 million infections. The number of coronavirus-related deaths in India stands at 71,640.
– The toll of the coronavirus pandemic in the world has exceeded 27 million infections and 880 thousand deaths, according to data from the American Johns Hopkins University. The United States remains the most affected country in the world, with 6.27 million infections and almost 189 thousand deaths.
– There are 1,297 new cases of coronavirus infection in Italy in the last 24 hours, 398 fewer than yesterday but the figure is influenced by a sharp drop in swabs performed (76,856 against 107,658 yesterday). The number of people admitted to intensive care rose by 12, rising to 133 after a day of stalemate. 1,683 hospitalized with symptoms (+63 compared to yesterday) and seven deaths, for a total of 35,541 victims since the beginning of the epidemic. +405 the healed (210,015 in all).
– Against the 12,117 swabs carried out, 198 (1.63%) new positives were registered in the Lombardy region. Of these, 25 are ‘weakly positive’ and 6 following serological testing. The healed / discharged are in total 76,794 (+86), of which 1,316 discharged and 75,478 recovered. Intensive care patients are 25 (+2), while non-intensive care patients are 248 (+3).